karen likes music

karen likes music
halloo there! time to listen to the music! (and i just had to wear my Keane shirt for my profile pic)
listening to music makes me happy! drop a line! let me know if you have a cool song you want to share! woohooo!

miércoles, 11 de enero de 2012

Carol of the Bells (for 12 cellos) - Steven Sharp Nelson


Title: Carol of the Bells
Artist: Steven Sharp Nelson
Album: YouTube Video!

Okay, I couldn't help it, it's my favorite Christmas song and as I was searching YouTube for a song to upload I stumbled upon this one. The genre is quite different from what I usually post but I still like it. Gotta hand it to awesome musicians who can arrange songs like this (shall we call it a classical mashup?) 

Listen! (besides there's still a bit of the Christmas spirit in the air)


~k






Oh and I wikipedia-ed him and here's what I got:

Steven Sharp Nelson (born 1977) is a pioneer in “cello-percussion”—an alternative performance method that combines traditional, lyrical cello techniques with unconventional pizzicato and percussive technique. He was born and still resides in Salt Lake City, Utah. He began studying cello at age 8, percussion at age 12 and guitar at age 17. He has invented a new method of playing the cello that combines elements learned from each of these instruments.

Nelson is well known for his collaborations with pianist Jon Schmidt as The piano guys --most particularly in their mash-up arrangement of Taylor Swift’s “Love Story” and Cold Play’s “Viva La Vida,” a YouTube sensation. Schmidt and Nelson perform regularly together throughout the United States and the world.


More from his official site: Official website 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario